Hi Folks, I’m teaching a class for school girls that starts this week and called It’s Sew Cute! We are making our own pattern for an a-line skirt and then sewing it together . I will be posting the directions on what we are doing in class so the students can follow along starting Thursday. Anyone can join along and I would love to hear any comments you might have. Following is a list of what you will need for the first class :
- A sharp pencil and paper scissors
- A see thru quilting ruler that we will need for adding seam allowances to the pattern
- A hip curve ruler which is really great for drawing waistlines and hip curves but is expensive so optional
- Brown butcher paper for making a pattern. You can also use wrapping paper or large pieces of drawing paper taped together.
- A soft measuring tape to take your measurements.