- Most commercial patterns don’t have designs for some of the trendier, more fashion forward looks you can find in shops.
- It would take me forever to draft all the patterns in the shops from scratch.
- It would take me a couple of days to make something that I might be able to buy for cheaper than it would cost me to get the raw materials.
- I was just plain lazy and hadn’t shopped in ages and hey, shopping is fun sometimes if you have the cash.
- My collection of vintage children’s patterns isn’t really appreciated by my girls yet, although Lily is a vintage toy collector…
Yes it might be cheaper to buy things ready made sometimes, but how are these super low prices achievable? Well, I covered my thoughts about conditions in overseas factories in another post so I won’t focus on that now but it is a big reason to make your own clothes.