- Eggs that are healthy and delicious for your family.
- It’s pretty simple to do. If you can raise a dog or cat, you can raise chickens.
- Most suburbs, cities, and towns allow a small flock of hens.
- You don’t need a rooster to have hens who lay eggs and roosters aren’t allowed in most towns because they are so noisy. I have one but I live out in the country.
- When you read about what goes on in factory farms you will not want to eat their eggs…
- A fun and rewarding educational experience for your children. There is nothing like needing eggs for a recipe and going out to the hen house to gather them with your little one!
- Chickens create the world’s best fertilizer for your garden.
- Chickens in your yard eat ticks, mosquitoes, and other pesky bugs.
- Chickens can be raised in even small backyards.
- Chickens can be hilarious to watch and each one has a different personality.
BEFORE YOU GET STARTED
Next Friday I will be discussing how to get your first coop set up!