I have been taking some time off from sewing for myself and the girls to get to some long stalled home sewing projects. Sewing for the home is such a breeze after making complicated clothing…
I had a set of fat quarters lying around from the Japanese Designer Lecien’s line called Flower Sugar. I had just enough to sew them together to make some simple unpleated panels for Lily’s bedroom. The bunting is a project I made awhile back.
To make these simple panels you only need to sew together the fat quarters, hem the sides and bottom, hem the top with a hem long enough to create a little pocket for your drapery pole and you are good to go! Now I’d love to show you around Lily’s vintage little girls room!
I painted the old dresser and bed set myself. The stool too. The bedspread is an antique I bought in France.
These cubbies were a brown color. I sanded them, painted them white, and pasted wallpaper to the backs to give them a pop of color!
Lily has a collection of vintage Madama Alexander dolls she buys at flea markets. These two are supposed to be from The Sound Of Music and are from the sixties.
Some more of Lily’s vintage dolls. An indian maiden, A Mad Men Barbie, another Madame Alexander ballerina and an old wind up metal doll .
This is a dress I made for her big sister Isabelle when she was little. Gigi wears it now. The third one to wear it!
A paint by number my mother made when she was little.
A budget chandelier.
Lily’s Chatty Kathy doll. She was so thrilled to find this was the same doll on the box of her vintage sewing machine!