Colette Hazel V.2 From A Vintage Tablecloth
July 11, 2012 26 Comments
This is my second go at the Hazel.
This time I used an old tablecloth that had some wear on it.
I tried to make sure all of my seams matched but there is glaring mistake here at the bottom!
I trimmed the top with some lavender bias tape. It went nicely with the tiny bit of lavender in the tablecloth.
I finally got the in seam pockets right.
And the invisible zip which still seems like magic to me. I really have no idea how it works.
After sewing together the dress from a small tablecloth with virtually no leftover fabric, I started to notice several little holes in the fabric. I spent about and hour mending and patching them. This dress better never make it into the washing machine.
Hand wash only for this delicate little number.