Last time I made Lisette for Butterick’s 6464 halter top straight out of the envelope, and it was really short! For this version I added three inches to the pattern to the size 12 I made an FBA to last time. I also forgot to cut the front in two pieces and cut it on the fold instead. That made the front even bigger, since I didn’t lose the seam allowances.
I’m using a polyester feather print I found in DTLA. I also have my Pajama jeans on! Made from a mash up of Ginger jeans and the Jalie Eleanore pattern, these pants are so comfy I could sleep in them. I used this really neat stretchy knit that looks like denim given to me from Organic Cotton Plus.
I used a decorative stitch from my Bernina on the neckline. The neckline looked a little wonky, I used cotton poplin, but didn’t interface it, so I tried to disguise the waviness with the stitching. It’s not perfect, but whatever! And now that I’m looking at the pictures, I can see from the hem I also cut it slightly off grain . I’ll blame it on the slippery poly. Aack!!
If I insisted on perfection, I wouldn’t be able to wear the majority of my handmade wardrobe. I’ve learned to love my pieces even with their imperfections, much like I love my family members! But of course I love my family members more than my clothes, lol! At least most of the time, that’s true.
I bought a halter bra especially for wearing with tops like this, but I found it so uncomfortable. I’m just wearing a cheap sports bra from Target.
It seems I have gotten my sewing mojo back. I’ve got lots of projects planned, so I look forward to blogging more often.